Search This Blog

Saturday 9 May 2020

Practicals for class X

Instructions 
To be written in Practical file .Diagram to be drawn only with sharp pencil (any one )
Index --whole aim is to be written in index clearly

 Experiment – 1

Aim
To prepare a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
Theory
  • Plants need oxygen for respiration and carbon dioxide for photosynthesis. The exchange of gases in plants occurs through the surface of stems, roots and leaves.
  • On leaves there are plenty of small tiny pores called stomata.
  • On the dorsal side of leaf more stomatal pores are present than the ventral surface of leaf.
  • Through these pores, plants can also lose water by the process called transpiration.
  • To avoid excess loss of water, the stomata pores closes and when gases are required, these pores open.
  • This opening and closing of pores is monitored by guard cells.
  • The guard cells swell when water flows into them, causing the stomata pore to open. When the guard cells shrink the stomata pores close.
  • The guard cells contain chloroplast and nucleus in it. They are bean-shaped in dicots and dumb-bell shaped in monocots.
    Lab Manual Class 10 Science Pdf Stomata
Materials Required
Freshly plucked leaf of Rheo or Tradescantia, petri dish, slide, coverslip, needle, forceps, brash, dropper, watch glass, filter paper, glycerine, safranin solution and microscope.
Procedure

  1. Take a freshly plucked leaf (Rheo or Tradescantia).
  2. Stretch the leaf with its dorsal (lower) part facing upwards.
  3. Break the leaf by applying suitable pressure so that the epidermis projects from the leaf.
  4. Cut the epidermis and put it in a petri dish.
  5. Take a watch glass, add few drops of water and a drop of stain in it.
  6. Transfer the small piece of epidermis from petri dish into the watch glass with the help of brash.
  7. Allow the peel to remain in the stain for 2-3 minutes, so that it can take up the stain.
  8. With the help of brush transfer the stained peel into a petri dish with water to remove the extra stain.
  9. Now take a clean slide and place it on a filter paper. In the centre of the slide put a drop of glycerine and transfer the stained  peel from petri dish on the slide.
  10. Gently hold the coverslip with the needle and place it on the peel. Avoid air bubbles formation.
  11. Use the filter paper to clean the excess stain, water or glycerine that comes out from the coverslip sides.
  12. Ensure that the slide is clean and place it under the microscope. First view it under low power (10X) and then under high power(45X).
  13. Record your observations.
  14. How To Draw Stomata || Stomata Diagram || Draw A Neat Labeled ...
Observations
  1. In an epidermal peel we see single layer of cells.
  2. In between the epidermal layer small spots are seen.
  3. When focused under powerful microscope the stomata pores are clearly seen.
  4. Each stomata pore has two kidney-shaped cells called guard cells.
  5. Each guard cell has one nucleus and many chloroplasts.
Conclusion
Epidermal layer of leaf peel has many stomata pores. Each stomatal pore has two kidney shaped guard cells, in dicots plants. Each guard cell has one nucleus and many chloroplasts.
Precautions
  1. While removing the epidermal peel, ensure that you pluck the thinner scrap of leaf.
  2. Do not overstain the peel.
  3. Avoid air-bubbles formation while placing the coverslip.
  4. The peel should not be folded.
  5. The slide should be clean and dry before placing it under microscope.
Experiment no 2
 Test for release of CO2 during respiration in animals.
Materials Required
Two test tubes, a cork with two holes, two glass tubes, syringe, lime water.
Procedure
  1. Take some freshly prepared lime water in two test tubes.
  2. Fit cork with two holes in test tubes A and B.
  3. Fix two glass tubes in this cork of test tube A as shown in the figure.
  4. Exhale air into the tube and record your observations.
  5. In another test tube B, which has lime water, pass air through syringe and record your observations.
Lab Manual Class 10 Science CO2 is Released During Respiration
(Note---in this diadram you dont have to draw face if you find it difficult)
Observation
  • In test tube A, the lime water turns milky sooner than in test tube B.
Conclusion
  1. The exhaled air contains lot of CO2 which turns lime water milky.
  2. This proves that during respiration we exhale CO2 gas.
Precautions
  1. The glass tube should be dipped in the lime water.
  2. The lime water should be freshly prepared.

Experiment no 3
To test release of C02 by plants during respiration.
Materials Required
A conical flask, small test tube, cork, thread, germinating seeds, a bent tube, a beaker, water and freshly prepared lime water.
Procedure
  1. Take two conical flasks, add germinating seeds with little water sprinkled over it.
  2. Fix the mouth of conical flasks with cork in which a bent tube is fixed.
  3. Suspend a small test tube containing KOH solution in it with the help of a thread in conical flask A.
  4. Allow the mouth of the bent tube to be immersed in water in set-up A and in lime water in set-up B as shown below.
  5. Record your observations after few hours.
Science lab manual class 10 activities solutions CO2 is Released During Respiration
Observations
  1. In set-up A, the water level in the bent tube dipped in beaker increases after few hours.
    This is because the oxygen present in the conical flask is taken up by germinating seeds and CO2 released due to respiration is absorbed by KOH present in small tube. Hence, the air pressure in the flask reduces and water level rises.
  2. In set-up B, the freshly prepared lime water turns milky. This is due to excess CO2 released into the test tube during respiration of germinating seeds.
Conclusion
This shows that CO2 is given out during respiration.
Precautions
  1. Lime water should be freshly prepared.
  2. KOH solution should be freshly prepared.
  3. Germinating seeds should have lot of moisture in them.

Respiration Practical Class 10 Viva Voce

Question 1:Name the parts of the plant through which exchange of gases takes place.
Аnswer:
Stomata and lenticles.

IQuestion 2:
Is respiration a physical or chemical process?
Аnswer:Respiration is a chemical process. It takes place in cells.
Question 3:Name the part of cell in which final breaking down of food takes place and energy is released
Аnswer:Mitochondria
Question 4:Name two organisms that respire in absence of oxygen.
Аnswer:Bacteria and yeast.
Question 5:What are the end products of anaerobic respiration?
Аnswer:It is ethanol, carbon dioxide and energy.
Question 6:Name the energy currency for most of the cellular processes.
Аnswer:ATP, i.e., Adenosine tri phosphate.

153 comments:

  1. Thank you Mam
    Siddharth Bansal
    10 G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you mam
    Jai Aggarwal
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mam I have attended today's class
    Thank you mam

    Kushagr Wadhwa 9A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mam i attend the class of today
    Divyansh bakshi
    9A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you mam
    I will complete this activity
    Shivank Bhardwaj
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mam i am attending all the classes and completed the assignment

    Ashita verma
    IX C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mam my all work is completed
    Rudra Nandwani
    IX-A

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry mam due to some network issue I can't attend today's class
    Rudra Nandwani
    IX-A

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank u mam..I will complete this activity
    Vani kapoor
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mam I attended today's class and I am completing my work.
    Gateek Madan
    IX-C

    ReplyDelete
  11. MAM THANKYOU MAM FOR PROVIDING US THE WORK
    ATHARV SHARMA
    IX-C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mam due to network problem I can't attended todays class . And thankyou mam for work..
    Shaurya sinha
    9c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mam due to network problem I was not able to attend the meeting. Thanku mam for the work
    Suhana
    IX C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mam due to my phone's battery was dead I was not able to attend the class.
    Ashi Gupta
    IX-C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child we have done complex permanent tissue in detail .must attend all classes in future

      Delete
  15. Mam i am attending all the classes and completed the assignment

    Anil Yadav
    IX A

    ReplyDelete
  16. Actually yesterday ma'am told that there is no class as it is second saturday ,so i slept very late ...completing my written work....can't able to join mrng class...Navyam jain 9th -A

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank u mam for the notes.Attended all the classes.
    Ashpreet Kaur IX-C

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you mam
    Chehak Oberoi
    X G

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mam i am attending all the classes and my bio work is complete
    Manan goel
    X G

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ma'am I am attending all the classes and my bio work is up to date
    Ansh Jaryal
    X - G

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ma'am I have attended all your classes and my bio's work is upto date and will complete these experiments by today itself
    Thank you Ma'am
    Gauri Birla
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  22. Mam I am Attending all the classes and my work is complete
    Yash Ahuja
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maam I have attended all the classes and my work is complete
    Daksh Chanana
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mam I have done my work
    Manya
    9A

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mam I have attended all the classes and my work is up to date..

    X-G
    Aryan Chadha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mam i have sent the mail of work

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mam I have attended all the classes till now. And will complete this practicals as soon as possible.

    Ali Rehman Ansari
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mam i have sent all the work of notebook as well as practical file work to the mail id
    Thank you mam
    Shivank Bhardwaj
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mam I have sent all the notebook work to the mail id
    Thank you mam
    Jai Aggarwal
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mam I have sent all the work to the mail id and will also complete this practical as soon as possible
    Thank you mam
    Ridhi Johri
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  31. Maam i have sent all tha notebook work to tha mail id
    Thanku maam
    Saksham jain
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mam i have sent all the work to mail id and i will complete this practical by tomorrow
    Thank you ma'am
    Vishesh
    X G

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have send mail with my complete work
    Aryan Chadha
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mam I have attended all the classes till now and my work is complete. I will complete the practical work soon.
    Abhinav Maurya
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mam I have sent mail of all work and I'll try to complete the practical work by tomorrow
    Ishita
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank u ma'am
    Anika sharma
    X-g

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank u mam
    Hriday Gulati X-G

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank u mam..
    Vani kapoor
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you mam
    Kritik Jain
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  40. Kashvi Kataria (attendence)
    XG

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mam I have completed all my work.
    Kritik Jain
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you mam
    Palak goel
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you mam I have completed all my worK.
    Siddharth Bansal
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Aryan Mittal (attendance)
    X-G
    7

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you mam
    Jai Aggarwal
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gauri Birla (attendance)
    X-G
    16

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mam my work is complete and I attended the class today but some network issue I can't open my vedio

    UTTAM
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  49. Mam my work is complete I will send you soon
    Viren sehgal
    XA

    ReplyDelete
  50. Yash Ahuja (Attendence)
    X-G
    50

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you mam
    Shivank Bhardwaj
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  52. Mam dakshit attendence
    X-G
    13

    ReplyDelete
  53. Attended the class
    Tanuj Arora
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  54. Maam my was complete
    Saksham jain
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  55. Attended the class
    Palak goel
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  56. i have attended the class
    Sanskriti
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  57. Mam my work is completed and i have attended today's class i will send you work soon
    Aditya kathuria
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  58. Mam I have completed my work and attended today's class
    Aarushi
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  59. Mam my work is completed and i have attended today's class i will send you work soon
    Aditya kathuria
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  60. Ma'am I have attended the class
    Shlok Gupta
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  61. Ma'am done
    Daksh Rustagi
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  62. Mam I have completed my work and I attended today's class.
    Priyanka
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  63. Mam I have completed my work and attended all the classes.
    Chehak Oberoi
    X G

    ReplyDelete
  64. I have attended today's class
    Vani kapoor
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  65. Mam i am attending today's class and my work is complete
    Hriday Gulati X-G

    ReplyDelete
  66. Mam I have completed the work and attended the class
    Vedaang mohta
    X G

    ReplyDelete
  67. Jai Aggarwal (attandance)
    X-G
    21

    ReplyDelete
  68. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Mam i have attendance today's class and my all work is done

    ReplyDelete
  70. mam there is a lot of network issue in my area so i am not able to connect the class but my work is completed i will
    send it soon.
    muskan
    10th-A

    ReplyDelete
  71. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Jai Aggarwal (attandance)
    X-G
    21

    ReplyDelete
  73. Attended today's class
    Ridhi Johri
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  74. Ishika Nagpal(attendence)
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  75. Chetna Yadav (attendance)
    X G

    ReplyDelete
  76. Sparsh Garg
    Attended today's class
    Seen the work
    10 G

    ReplyDelete
  77. Dakshit gola
    Seen the work
    10-G

    ReplyDelete
  78. I have attended today's class
    Regards
    Vedansh vats
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  79. I wasn't able to join today's class
    Kritik Jain
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  80. Attended today's capsules
    I will send the work by today itself
    Ansh Jaryal
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  81. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Attended today's class and understood all the topic's
    Siddharth Bansal
    10-G

    ReplyDelete
  83. I wasn't able to join today's class
    ADITYA SHARMA
    X-G
    Roll no. 1

    ReplyDelete
  84. attended today's class and understood all the topics
    Kashvi Kataria
    XG

    ReplyDelete
  85. Mam I have attended all the classes my work is complete and I will complete this practical work soon
    Tanishtha Gupta
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  86. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Gauri Birla (attendance)

    X-G
    16

    ReplyDelete
  88. mam i have attended todays class and my work is complete
    Hriday Gulati X-G

    ReplyDelete
  89. Mam I Have Attended All The Classes and my whole bio work is complete expect this practical

    ARYAN CHADHA
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  90. I have attended the class
    Uttkarsh

    ReplyDelete
  91. -Jhanvi Bhardwaj (Attendance)
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  92. Mam I was not well sorry for informing you late That's why i didn't attend the class today.
    Ishita Aggarwal
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  93. Mam i have attended the class
    shreya narula
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  94. Mam I have attended the class .
    Shreya Goel
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  95. Maam i am agsthya sobti of class X-A. I had not attend the class today because I have some electricity cut in my area and my network connection is very poor thats why I not attend the calss today

    ReplyDelete
  96. Mam iveI attended the classes.
    And my all work is complete.
    Priyanshi sharma.
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  97. Mam I have attended today's class
    Tanish
    X-A

    ReplyDelete
  98. Mam i have attended the class
    AVIRAL SAINI

    ReplyDelete
  99. Mam, I have attended the class
    Aryan chadha
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  100. Mam my all notes are complete and practical also I will send you soon in email
    XA
    Viren sehgal

    ReplyDelete
  101. Mam I have attended all your classes.
    Thank you mam
    Gauri Birla
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  102. Mam my work is complete till date and also attended all your classes
    Thank you mam
    ADITYA SHARMA
    X-G
    Roll no. 1

    ReplyDelete
  103. Mam My work is complete and I have attendend all your classes
    Yash Ahuja
    X-G
    50

    ReplyDelete
  104. Mam I have attended all your classes
    Ridhi Johri
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  105. Mam I have attended all the classes
    Chehak Oberoi
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  106. Mam I have attended all the classes
    Jhanvi Bhardwaj
    10-G

    ReplyDelete
  107. Mam I have attended all the classes
    Daksh Chanana
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  108. Mam I have send mail of all bio work and attended all the classes.
    Vani kapoor
    X-G

    ReplyDelete
  109. Aryan Mittal (attendance)
    X-G
    7

    ReplyDelete
  110. Thank you mam I complete this activity in my activity file
    Dakshit
    10-G

    ReplyDelete
  111. Thank you mam I have completed this and have submitted the notebook work on the gmail ID.
    Abhinav Maurya
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  112. Mam I have completed all work till date and sent it on the gmail id
    Nikita Joshi
    IX-I

    ReplyDelete
  113. Mam I have attended the class today and understoood all the topics and I have also posted all my work and will complete this.
    Pranav Deol
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  114. Thnk u mam. I have attended the class today and will complete this
    Akshay goel
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  115. Mam I have attended today's class and I'll be sending my work soon
    Bhumika Gupta
    XC

    ReplyDelete
  116. Thank u mam for these practical .They are very helpful.
    Saloni Gupta
    XC

    ReplyDelete
  117. Thank you mam for this practical work.
    Priyanshu Pawar
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  118. Ma'am,
    I've done all the work given by You till date and have also submitted it...
    Thank You for the Parcticals...
    I'm attending the Zoom Classes also...
    Thank You
    Rijul Gautam
    IX-I

    ReplyDelete
  119. Mam I am attending class lab wrk uploaded
    Aasmi Sood
    9c

    ReplyDelete
  120. Ma'am
    I've done all the work given by you till date an I'm attending all the class also.
    Thankyou mam for your all efforts.
    Naksh Saini
    IX-A

    ReplyDelete
  121. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Mam i have attended today's class and my work is completed till now
    Ashi Gupta
    IX-C

    ReplyDelete
  123. Mam I have attended today's class
    Prachi Verma
    IX -A

    ReplyDelete
  124. Mam attended today's class
    Palak oberoi
    10 G

    ReplyDelete
  125. Ma'am I have completed all my work till date
    Thanks for practicals
    Himanshi Goyal
    IX-I

    ReplyDelete
  126. Thanks mam for your cooperation I have completed my all work
    Aditya Jain
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  127. Thank u mam for ur sooo good notes
    Nishita Rawat
    X-C

    ReplyDelete
  128. Mam I have completed all my theory work and will soon send you the practical work.
    Priyanshu Pawar
    X-C

    ReplyDelete